- Previously, behavior of the libproc library was unreliable when it was loaded with the dlopen() call after the environment was changed with the setenv() call. As a consequence, an invalid memory access error could occur in libproc. With this update, the find_elf_note() function obtains the auxiliary vector values using a different and safer method based on parsing the /proc/self/auxv file, and the described problem no longer occurs.
- Prior to this update, the stat2proc() function did not process empty files correctly. Consequently, when an empty stat file was processed, the ps utility could terminate unexpectedly with a segmentation fault. Handling of empty stat files has been fixed, and ps no longer crashes in this scenario.
- This update introduces the new "--system" option to the sysctl utility. This option enables sysctl to process configuration files from a group of system directories.
- The new "-h" option has been added to the "free" utility. The purpose of this option is to show all output fields automatically scaled to the shortest three-digit representation including the unit, making the output conveniently human-readable.
- The "w" utility now includes the "-i" option to display IP addresses instead of host names in the "FROM" column.