- Previously, the biosdevname utility did not parse Vital Product Data (VPD) correctly. As a consequence, names for network interfaces on Vindicator 2 Emulex card were displayed incorrectly when NIC extended partitioning (nPAR-EP) was enabled. VPD parsing has been modified, and Network interface names are now displayed correctly.
- Prior to this update, the biosdevname utility did not read Vital Product Data (VPD) on NICs with vpd-r:2.0, which resulted in incorrect network interface names when NIC partitioning (NPAR) was enabled on certain NICs. With this update, biosdevname reads VPD data also in cases when NIC has vpdr:2.0, and interface names are now formed as expected if NPAR is enabled.
- Due to a scheme used for slot numbers derivation, the biosdevname utility did not populate proper names for Virtual Functions (VFs) of on-board NICs. Now, the scheme that enables VFs of on-board NICs can have proper names, too.
- attribute for a new Mellanox driver and allowing naming of FCoE devices to be ignored.
- BZ#1003465, BZ#1084225
- This update provides an implementation of 10-GB Ethernet adapters naming scheme from Mellanox. Now, the biosdevname utility produces expected network interface names for Mellanox 10-GB Ethernet adapters that have 2 physical ports on the same PCI device. The /sys/class/net/<iface>/dev_port attribute is designed to distinguish network interfaces.