- BZ#1144525, BZ#1190723
- Increased log size limits.
- Enhanced file archiving and improved sosreport robustness.
- Introduced a number of new plug-ins.
- Implemented the "--profile" option, thus adding profile support for plug-in selection.
- Added the "--verify", "--log-size", and "--all-logs" global plug-in command-line options.
- The time-out limit for commands introduced by this rebase has been extended, providing the crm_report utility enough time to complete.
- The "glusterfsd: no process killed" message could previously be displayed in the standard output stream when generating a report. This update modifies the gluster plug-in to use the built-in callout functions, and the message is no longer displayed in this situation.
- Prior to this update, if the user defined passwords in the /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/grub.conf files, the sosreport utility included these passwords into the report. Consequently, the report tarball contained the passwords, either in plain text format or hashed, which was considered insecure. With this update, sosreport excludes passwords and other secrets when generating the report. As a result, /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/grub.conf collected in the report tarball do not contain the passwords.
- Prior to this update, the data collected by the OpenShift sosreport plug-in from certain non-default configuration files could contain sensitive data. The plug-in has been modified to remove any sensitive information from these configuration files. As a result, the OpenShift sosreport plug-in no longer captures sensitive data from the mentioned configuration files.
- The networking plug-in for the sos utility previously reported an "unhandled exception" error when the NetworkManager tool was disabled. With this update, the status of the nmcli utility is properly checked before the networking plug-in processes its output, which prevents the plug-in from generating the error.
- Previously, passwords were not removed from some of the files collected by the crm_report utility. Consequently, the data collected by crm_report could contain passwords in plain text format. This update adds the "cluster.crm_scrub" option to sosreport. The option is enabled by default and removes the password information from the crm_report data collected by sosreport. As a result, the data collected by crm_report no longer contains any password information in plain text format.
- The sosreport plug-in now enables capturing data required to debug Satellite Capsule Server problems.