- When using an emulated smart card on a virtual machine, the smart card was not properly re-initialized after disconnecting and reconnecting the guest. As a consequence, the smart card became unusable. With this update, the smart card state is set properly after reconnecting the guest, and no longer becomes unusable after the operation.
- The first guest display was re-enabled after a guest reboot even when it was previously disabled on the guest. This update removes the fixed association between the the main guest window and a specific guest display number, which prevents the problem from occurring.
- In some monitor configurations, after removing a guest display, the display in some cases unintendedly reappeared when the virt-viewer tool was started. The guest now updates its geometry every time a guest display is enabled or disabled, and guest displays now correctly stay removed.
- When the agent terminated unexpectedly or was disconnected and reconnected again, virt-viewer did not update the information about windows geometry and the guest resolution was not restored accordingly. With this update, the function responsible for updating the displays geometry is called, thus fixing the bug.
- Using remote-viewer with SSH and the Xming display server caused remote-viewer to terminate unexpectedly. With this update, an assertion no longer triggers in the described circumstances, which prevents the crash from occurring.
- In multi-display guest setups, the mouse input in some cases affected an incorrect guest display. With this update, displays are properly reordered when their coordinates change, and mouse input reliably affects the appropriate guest display.
- BZ#981678, BZ#981677, BZ#806925
- The libgovirt and librest packages have been added to this version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, which allows the remote-viewer tool to connect to the oVirt and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization virtual machines (VMs). To make it possible to access these VMs, the new ovirt:// URI scheme has also been added to remote-viewer.
- Using the remote-viewer tool to connect to an ovirt:// URI now displays a menu that allows the user to change the CD image inserted in the virtual machine (VM). This makes it possible to change the inserted CD while the VM is running without the need to use Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or the oVirt portal.
- It is now possible to configure the position in which guest displays in multi-monitor setups. To do so, edit the ~/.config/virt-viewer/settings file. For more information about this feature, refer to the CONFIGURATION section of the remote-viewer(1) manual page.