Show Table of Contents
Updated yum-rhn-plugin package that fixes two bugs and adds two enhancements is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The yum-rhn-plugin package allows the Yum package manager to access content from Red Hat Network.
- Previously, provisioning virtual guests on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 did not properly cooperate with the Satellite implementation of the koan tool. As a consequence, using the rhn_check program failed if the spacewalk-koan package was installed on the client. With this update, spacewalk-koan has been modified to be compatible with rhn_check, and the described problem no longer occurs.
- The yum-rhn-plugin package has been updated to support API changes introduced in the previous update of the rhn-client-tools package.
- With this update, the network connection error message has been enhanced to inform about the cause of the error.
- The rhnplugin.conf(5) manual page has been updated to provide the complete description of rhnplugin.conf configuration options.
- When registering Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 to Red Hat Satellite using an activation key configured to automatically install specific packages upon registration, the installation of these packages in some cases failed. This update fixes the underlying code, and package installations based on the activation key are now performed successfully.
Users of fedfs-utils are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes these bugs and adds this enhancement.