Show Table of Contents
Updated fence-agents packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The fence-agents packages provide a collection of scripts for handling remote power management for cluster devices. They allow failed or unreachable nodes to be forcibly restarted and removed from the cluster.
The fence-agents packages have been upgraded to upstream version 4.0.15, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version.
- BZ#1049805, BZ#1094515, BZ#1099551, BZ#1111482, BZ#1118008, BZ#1123897, BZ#1171734
- This update adds the "--tls1.0" option to the fence agent for HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO2) devices. With this option, iLO2 negotiation of the TLS protocol works as expected when using an iLO2 device with firmware version 2.27.
- The fence_kdump agent now supports the "monitor" action, making integration with a cluster stack easier.
- The fence-agents packages now support the fence_ilo_moonshot fence agent for HP Moonshot iLO devices. For information on the fence_ilo_moonshot parameters, see the fence_ilo_moonshot(8) man page.
- This update adds support for the fence_ilo_ssh fence agent. The agent logs into an iLO device using SSH and reboots a specified outlet. For information on the fence_ilo_ssh parameters, see the fence_ilo_ssh(8) man page.
- This update adds support for the fence_mpath fence agent. This agent is an I/O fencing agent that uses SCSI-3 persistent reservations to control access to multipath devices. For information on fence_mpath and its parameters, see the fence_mpath(8) man page.
- The fence agent for APC devices over Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) has been updated to support the latest versions of the APC firmware.
- This update adds support for the fence_emerson fencing agent for Emerson devices over Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). It is an I/O fencing agent that can be used with the MPX and MPH2 Emerson devices. For information on the parameters for the fence_emerson fencing agent, see the fence_emerson(8) man page.
Users of fence-agents are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.