- Using the "virt-sysprep" command to remove a user account from a guest with enabled SELinux did not properly trigger the SELinux relabel process, which caused the guest to be unable to boot. With this update, removing users from such guests properly triggers the relabel. In addition, the virt-sysprep(1) man page now advises to use the "--selinux-relabel" option when cleaning SELinux-enabled guests.
- The output of the "guestfish -h" command did not include command aliases, which have now been added.
- BZ#1056558, BZ#1122557
- As a result of the fix for BZ#1056558, it was not possible to use a block device for output when using the virt-sparsify utility. This update re-enables block devices to be used as ouput in virt-sparsify.
- Using Tab-completion in guestfish on guests with the XFS file system did not correctly append the slash ("/") symbol to directory names. This update adjusts guestfish to properly distinguish files and directories on this file system, and thus fixes the problem.
- Using the "virt-sysprep" command to remove user accounts did not properly remove the user entries from the /etc/shadow file. With this update, the lens to parse /etc/shadow has been added to the Augeas tool and "virt-sysprep" makes use of it. As a result, removing users from guests using "virt-sysprep" removes also their entries in /etc/shadow.
- The libguestfs utilities were not able to use disk images on XFS file systems with 4-kilobyte sector size. This update introduces the "cachemode" parameter for the add_drive API, which controls drive caching and has a default value that allows disk images stored on the described file systems to be usable.
- The libguestfs tools could not use disk images that contained the colon (":") symbol in their path. With this update, path handling in libguestfs and in virt-sparsify has been improved, and such images can now be used as expected.
- The scrub-file API failed when attempting to handle symbolic links. With this update, scrub-file resolves the file path before handling it further, and as a result, using scrub-file on a symbolic link now properly affects the link's target.
- BZ#1159651, BZ#1160203
- Due to an incorrect implementation of the libguestfs firstboot scripts runner, the firstboot scripts logged only the last executed script instead of all executed scripts. In addition, firstboot scripts that cause booting to stop, such as a script that reboots the guest, were unintentionally executed on every boot. These problems have now been fixed.
- In the Java binding, or APIs that return a list of objects different from String caused an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException exception to be triggered. The creation of the result list has been fixed, and these APIs now return the expected result.
- The way in which the lvm-set-filter API handles the lvm.conf file has been rewritten, so that lvm-set-filter is properly able to change the LVM device filter.
- The output of the "virt-ls --csv --checksum" command now always includes a field for the checksum value, even if the field is empty, like in the case of directories. As a result, the command's output is more easily parseable.
- BZ#1164734, BZ#1151739, BZ#1153974, BZ#1100533
- Minor fixes and improvements have been done to the help message of the "set-append" command, an error message of the "guestfish umount" command, and to the guestfish(1) and virt-edit(1) man pages.