- Yum has been updated to detect severity conflicts in the updateinfo.xml file.
- Previously, the "yum grouplist" command terminated unexpectedly with the "ValueError: unknown locale" message when a user-defined locale was specified on the system. With this update, "yum grouplist" has been modified to correctly process user-defined locale files, thus fixing this bug.
- Under certain circumstances, when attempting to install locally stored packages, yum terminated with the following message:ValueError: your.rpm has no attribute basepathThis bug has been fixed, and yum now installs local packages as expected.
- Yum has been modified to properly notify the user if there is not enough space for the installed package in the installation destination. Now, the space required for the package is displayed correctly in MB or KB.
- Prior to this update, yum did not show the echo output from the %postun RPM scriplet during package removal. This bug has been fixed, and the output is now displayed correctly.
- Previously, the yum-plugin-downloadonly plug-in returned exit code 1 even when it executed successfully. The functionality of the plug-in has been incorporated into yum as the "--downloadonly" option. The "yum --downloadonly" command now returns the correct exit code on success.
- The yum-plugin-security plug-in did not show any advisory if the architecture of the updated package changed. This bug has been fixed, and yum-plugin-security now works as expected.
- Prior to this update, when epoch was defined in the rpm specification file of the kernel package, yum removed the running kernel package after updating. This bug has been fixed, and the running kernel is no longer removed in the described case.