Show Table of Contents
An updated man-pages-overrides package that fixes several bugs is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The man-pages-overrides package provides a collection of manual (man) pages to complement other packages or update those contained therein.
- Previously, the eventfd(2) manual page did not describe the EFD_SEMAPHORE flag, although the kernel supported this feature. This update adds the missing details about EFD_SEMAPHORE to eventfd(2).
- The yum-security(8) manual page contained insufficient information about package selection mechanism of the "update-minimum" command with the "--advisory" option. This update adds a more detailed explanation of this process, including an example syntax.
- Previously, the description of the %util field in the iostat(1) and sar(1) manual pages was incorrect. The description of %util has been fixed, and documentation of the iostat and sar commands is now correct.
- The pthread_kill(3) manual page contained incorrect information about a possibility to use the pthread_kill() function to check for the existence of a thread ID. Consequently, following this instruction led to a segmentation fault in case of a non-existent thread ID. The misleading piece of information has been removed and pthread_kill(3) now includes more details about handling of non-existent thread IDs.
- Previously, the statfs struct section in the statfs(2) manual page did not mention the "f_flags" and "f_spare" fields. This update adds the missing fields to statfs(2).
- The reposync(1) manual page did not contain descriptions of the "e", "d", "m", and "norepopath" options. With this update, reposync(1) provides the complete list of options and their descriptions.
- Prior to this update, certain manual pages in Russian language were incorrectly encoded. As a consequence, users were unable to read such man pages. This bug has been fixed, and man pages are displayed in the correct encoding.
Users of man-pages-overrides are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes these bugs.