- Previously, installing the mdadm packages also installed a redundant udev rule file. With this update, the spec file of the mdadm packages has been adjusted to prevent the redundant rule file from being installed.
- Prior to this update, when the "AUTO" keyword was configured in the mdadm.conf file, the mdadm utility did not behave accordingly. The parsing of "AUTO" has been corrected, and mdadm now respects this keyword as expected.
- Prior to this update, when running an Internal Matrix Storage Manager (IMSM) volume as a non-root user, a race condition in some cases occurred that prevented the assembly of the volume. With this update, the mdadm packages have been fixed and this race condition no longer occurs, allowing the array to be assembled as expected.
- Previously, mdadm was unintentionally capable of creating more Internal Matrix Storage Manager (IMSM) raid volumes than was allowed by the "Max volumes" option in mdadm configuration. This update corrects the bug, and attempting to create a more IMSM raid volumes than set by "Max volumes" now generates an error and does not create the raid volumes.
- Internal Matrix Storage Manager (IMSM) now supports SATA and Non-volatile memory Express (NVMe) spanning.