Language and Page Formatting Options
Updated luci packages that fix several bugs and add two enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The luci package provides a web-based high-availability cluster configuration application built on the TurboGears 2 framework.
- When editing the cluster configuration, if an error occurred while attempting to set the new configuration on one or more nodes, luci still attempted to activate the new configuration version. As a consequence, the cluster could fall out of sync. With this update, luci no longer activates a new cluster configuration in the described situation.
- A new attribute, "cmd_prompt" has been added to the fence_apc fence agent. Consequently, users could not view and change this new attribute. The fence_apc form has been updated to include support for viewing and setting "cmd_prompt.
- The "stop" action semantics differ from the "disable" action semantics in the rgmanager utility. Previously, after clicking the "stop" button in the GUI, luci always issued a command that caused the "disable" action to be issued in rgmanager. As a consequence, luci could not issue a command that would cause the rgmanager "stop" action to be issued for a service. This update adds a "stop" action in addition to the "disable" action that is accessible only in expert mode.
- After selecting "add resource" for a service group, a cancel button was missing from the dialog, which created a dead-end in the GUI. As a consequence, users had to reload the page if they clicked the button accidentally or wanted to change their choice after clicking it. This update adds a cancel button to the "add resource" dialog for service groups.
- Previously, luci did not allow VM resources to have children resources, and after adding a VM to a service group, the "add resource" button was removed so that no further resources could be added. However, the GUI could handle configurations that contained resources with children. As a consequence, even though luci supported the aforementioned configurations, the "add resource" button was removed after adding a VM resource. With this update, the "add resource" button is no longer removed when adding a VM resource to a service group.
- The luci tool allowed setting the "shutdown_wait" attribute for postgres-8 resources, but the resource agent ignored the attribute. Consequently, it was not clear that "shutdown_wait" no longer had any effect. This update adds a text for clusters running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 and later to indicate that the "shutdown_wait" parameter is ignored.
- Starting with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7, fence_virt is fully supported. Previously, fence_virt was included as a Technology Preview, which was indicated by a label in the GUI. Also, certain labels and text regarding fence_xvm and fence_virt were inconsistent. With this update, the GUI text reflects the current support status for fence_virt and the the text is consistent.
- When making changes to certain resources, service groups, and fence agents while not in expert mode, attributes that could be set with luci only in expert mode could be lost. As a consequence, some configuration parameters could be erroneously removed. With this update, luci no longer removes expert-mode-only attributes.
- Support for configuring the fence_emerson and fence_mpath fence devices has been added to luci.
- With this update, users can collapse and expand parts of service groups when viewing or editing service groups in luci, which improves the usability, as the configuration screen could previously become too cluttered.
Users of luci are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.