- The eu-stack utility supports showing inlined frames and it is now able to produce backtraces even for processes that might have some of their on-disk libraries updated or deleted.
- Improved DWZ compressed DWARF multi-file support with new functions, "dwarf_getalt" and "dwarf_setalt", has been introduced.
- Support for ARM 64-bit architecture and Red Hat Enterprise Linux for POWER, little endian has been added.
- The libdw library now supports LZMA-compressed (.ko.xz) kernel modules.
- Support for ".debug_macro" has been added; new functions has been introduced: "dwarf_getmacros_off", "dwarf_macro_getsrcfiles", "dwarf_macro_getparamcnt", and "dwarf_macro_param".
- New GNU extensions to the DWARF format are now recognized.
- New functions have been added to the libdw library: "dwarf_peel_type", "dwarf_cu_getdwarf", "dwarf_cu_die", "dwelf_elf_gnu_debuglink", "dwelf_dwarf_gnu_debugaltlink", "dwelf_elf_gnu_build_id".