- Previously, CPUs could be set online and offline too frequently or not often enough, and, depending on the workload, the default rules in the sysconfig file could lead to an adverse behavior. The default sysconfig file has been updated, and the default rules from the cpluplugd config file now prevent the unwanted behavior from occurring.
- Prior to this update, the state of zFCP devices was not checked when bringing them online. Consequently, an error occurred for devices that were already online. This update adds an appropriate check, and errors no longer occur in the described situation.
- Previously, the dasdstat data file with statistics was not seekable. Consequently, the dasdstat tool exited with an error message or reported inconsistent data. With this update, the data file is read without using seeks over the file, and the dasdstat tool prints the correct statistics as expected.
- Prior to this update, the ziorep tools could not handle device BusIDs "a.b.xxxx" with "a" and "b" being non-zero. As a consequence, the ziorep tools could not parse the ziomon configuration file. All occurrences of device BusIDs in the ziorep tools have been fixed to support a full range of possible values. Now, the ziorep tools can process configuration files that use any valid device BusID.
- Previously, the Bash syntax for comparison was used by the s390.script, which could lead to errors when a different shell was used. With this update, the correct syntax for value comparison is used, and the s390.sh file is processed correctly by all shells.
- With this update, the zipl boot loader has been rebased to a later version, which enhances maintainability for Linux initial program load (IPL) code and enables easier inclusion of bug fixes and new features in the boot loader.
- This update improves the performance of the dasdfmt tool and increases the speed of the Direct Access Storage Device (DASD) formatting process. The kernel internal handling of format requests has been reorganized, and the usage of the Parallel Access Volumes (PAV) feature has been enabled to accelerate format requests.
- With this update, the verified path mask is shown when listing I/O devices by the lscss tool.
- This update adds support for Control Unit Initiated Reconfiguration (CUIR), which enables detailed path information for DASD devices to be shown in the lsdasd tool.
- This update includes switch port attributes in the output of the lsqeth command.
- This update adds the General Parallel File System (GPFS) as a supported partition type into the fdasd tool. This partition type identifies partitions containing GPFS Network Shared Disks (NSD) used to store GPFS file system information.
- BZ#1148744, BZ#1211281, BZ#1211282
- The dbinfo.sh tool has been enhanced to allow specifying the directory in which data collection takes place and where the final tar archive is stored. This update also extends the range of information that is collected by including guest networking settings, libvirt, and multipath configurations and logs.