9.2. Synchronization with Local Media
9.2.1. Preparing for Import from Local Media
Procedure 9.1. Obtain the Channel Content ISOs
- Log into the web interface.
- Click Channels in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Red Hat Satellite channel. Ensure you select the Satellite channel that corresponds to your version of Satellite.
- Click the Downloads tab and use the instructions on the page to obtain the Channel Content ISOs, available by version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- If the desired Channel Content ISOs do not appear, ensure your Red Hat Entitlement Certificate has been uploaded to Red Hat Network and correctly identifies the target channels.
Procedure 9.2. Mount and copy Channel Content ISOs
- Log into the machine as root.
- Create a directory in
/mnt/to store the file(s) with the command:
# mkdir /mnt/import/
- Mount the ISO file using the following command:
# mount [iso_filename] /mnt/import -o loop
- Create a target directory for the files:
# mkdir /var/rhn-sat-import/
- This sample command assumes the administrator wants to copy the contents of the ISO (mounted in
# cp -ruv /mnt/import/* /var/rhn-sat-import/
- Then unmount
/mnt/importin preparation for the next ISO:
# umount /mnt/import
- Repeat these steps for the channel content ISO file of every channel that you need to import separately. Do not use combined full or incremental sources of channel content ISOs.