7.2. Activate Red Hat Satellite with a New Entitlement Certificate
Use the options in Section 7.1, “Red Hat Satellite Activate” to accomplish the following tasks in this order:
- Validate the Red Hat Satellite Entitlement Certificate's sanity (or usefulness).
- Insert the Red Hat Satellite Entitlement Certificate into the local database to activate the Satellite
- Activate Red Hat Satellite remotely by inserting the Red Hat Entitlement Certificate into the central Red Hat database. This is typically accomplished during local activation but might require a second step if you chose the
Use the following procedure's examples as a guideline for your usage.
Procedure 7.1. Activating Red Hat Satellite with a New Entitlement Certificate
- To validate the Red Hat Entitlement Certificate's sanity only:
rhn-satellite-activate --sanity-only --rhn-cert=/path/to/demo.cert
- To validate the Red Hat Entitlement Certificate and populate the local database:
rhn-satellite-activate --disconnected --rhn-cert=/path/to/demo.certOr to validate the Red Hat Entitlement Certificate and populate both the local and the Red Hat database:
Once you run this final command, Red Hat Satellite activates, serves packages locally and synchronizes with the central Red Hat Servers. See Chapter 9, Content and Synchronization for more information.