4.3.2. Downloading the Installation Media
Procedure 4.18. Download the Installation Media
- Log on to the Red Hat Customer Portal.
- Click Downloads.
- Click Red Hat Satellite.
- Select 5.7 for RHEL 6 from the Version drop-down list.
- Select x86_64 or s390x from the Architecture list.
- Download the Satellite 5.7.0 Installer for RHEL-6.
- Depending on your installation requirements, either burn the DVD ISO image to DVD media, or copy it to the host on which Red Hat Satellite will be installed.Run the following command on the host containing the DVD ISO image to copy it to the Satellite host. In this example, the ISO image is copied to the directory
# scp satellite.iso root@hostname:/rootIf you will be installing Red Hat Satellite from a DVD, burn the download ISO image to a writeable DVD.