Appendix A. Example Red Hat Satellite Installation Topologies
The Red Hat Satellite can be installed and configured in multiple ways. Select one method depending on the following factors:
- The total number of client systems to be served by the Red Hat Satellite.
- The maximum number of clients expected to connect concurrently to the Red Hat Satellite.
- The number of custom packages and channels to be served by the Red Hat Satellite.
- The number of Red Hat Satellites being used in the customer environment.
- The number of Red Hat Proxy Servers being used in the customer environment.
The rest of this chapter describes possible configurations and explains their benefits.
A.1. Single Red Hat Satellite Topology
The simplest configuration is to use a single Red Hat Satellite to serve your entire network. This configuration is adequate to service a medium-size group of clients and network.
The disadvantage of using one Red Hat Satellite is that performance will be compromised as the number of clients requesting packages grows.
Figure A.1. Single Red Hat Satellite Topology