4.2.6. Installing the Managed Database
Procedure 4.13. Installing the Managed Database
- Log into the host to be used for the Managed Database as the
- Navigate to the directory containing the Satellite installation program.
# cd /media/cdrom
- Run the installation program from the
/media/cdrom/directory, with the
# ./install.pl --managed-db --disconnected
--disconnectedoption is required to prevent the installation program attempting to connect to Red Hat Network.
- The installation program asks for the following information.
- Database name
- Database user
- Database password
- A comma-separated list of local addresses to listen. Leave blank for all addresses.
- A comma-separated list of remote addresses in address/netmask format. The Managed Database allows connections from these addresses.
Database name: mydb Database user: mydbuser Database password: mydbpassword Local addresses to listen on (comma-separated, RETURN for all): 127.0.0.1 Remote addresses to allow connection from (address/netmask format, comma-separated): 192.168.1.10/32 Initializing database: [ OK ] Starting postgresql service: [ OK ]
- The installation program installs the necessary packages for your Managed Database. This includes a set of management tools for the database.
- The installation program also prepares the database for your Red Hat Satellite installation.