15.7. Removing Life Cycle Environments from the Red Hat Satellite Capsule Server
There are multiple reasons to remove life cycle environments from the Red Hat Satellite Capsule Server. For example:
- When life cycle environments are no longer relevant to the host systems
- When life cycle environments have been incorrectly added to the Satellite Capsule Server
To remove a life cycle environment from the Satellite Capsule Server:
- Log in to the Satellite Server CLI as the root user.
- Choose the desired Red Hat Satellite Capsule Server from the list and take note of its
# hammer capsule listThe Satellite Capsule Server's details can be verified using the command:
# hammer capsule info --id capsule_id_number
- Verify the list of life cycle environments currently attached to the Red Hat Capsule Server and note down the
hammer capsule content lifecycle-environments --id capsule_id_number
- Remove the life cycle environment from the Satellite Capsule Server:
# hammer capsule content remove-lifecycle-environment --id capsule_id_number --environment-id environment_idWhere:
Repeat this step for every life cycle environment to be removed from the Capsule Server.
--idis the Satellite Capsule Server's identification number.
--environment-idis the life cycle environment's identification number.
- Synchronize the content from the Satellite Server's environment to the Satellite Capsule Server:
# hammer capsule content synchronize --id capsule_id_number
The chosen environments are removed from the Satellite Capsule Server.