Chapter 12. Configuring Hosts
12.1. Creating a Host
Procedure 12.1. To Create a Host:
- Click New Host page.→ to open the
- On the Host tab, enter the required details.
- On the Network tab, enter the Domain and Realm details. It is required to specify a domain to make the host provisioning possible. This automatically updates the Subnet list with a selection of suitable subnets.
- Enter the Primary Interface details. The MAC Address setting is required. Select a subnet from the drop-down menu, and specify an IP address. If there is a DHCP-enabled Capsule Server on the selected subnet, the IP address is automatically suggested. Click IP address auto-suggest to automatically select an address.
- It is possible to include an additional network interface by clicking Section 12.4, “Configuring Additional Network Interfaces” for details.. See
- On the Operating System tab, enter the required details. You can select a partition table from the drop-down list or enter a custom partition table in the Custom partition table field. You cannot specify both.
- On the Parameters tab, click Add Parameter to add any required parameters. This includes all Puppet Class Parameters and Host Parameters associated with the host.
- On the Additional Information tab, enter any required information.
- Click Submit to complete your provisioning request.