Language and Page Formatting Options
12.2. Configuring Hosts for Registration
Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts register to Red Hat Network (RHN) by default. You must update each host configuration so that they register to and update from the correct Red Hat Satellite Server. Address the following requirements before proceeding:
- Hosts must be the following Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version:
- 5.8 or later
- 6.4 or later
- 7.0 or later
- All architectures of Red Hat Enterprise Linux are supported (i386, x86_64, s390x, ppc_64)
- On the Red Hat Satellite Server, ensure that the date and time are correct and synchronized with the client.
- On each client system, address the following requirements:
- Ensure that the date and time are correct and synchronized with the server.
ntpdor a similar time synchronization tool in all virtual environments:
# chkconfig ntpd on; service ntpd start