Language and Page Formatting Options
7.3. Subscribing to Errata Notifications
The following procedure shows how to configure email notifications about errata.
Procedure 7.5. To Configure Errata Notifications:
- Navigate to Administer → Users.
- Click user name of the user you want to edit.
- On the Mail Preferences tab, select Mail enabled to enable updates.
- Select the type of notifications the user will receive. The following notification types are relevant to errata management:
- Satellite host advisory is a summary of applicable and installable errata for hosts managed by the user. Choose the frequency of emails from the drop-down list that offers daily, weekly, or monthly updates.
- Satellite promote errata is a notification sent only after a content view promotion. It contains a summary of errata applicable and installable to hosts registered to the promoted content view. This allows you to monitor what updates have been applied to which hosts. To enable these notifications, select Subscribe from the drop-down menu.
- Satellite sync errata is a notification sent only after synchronizing a repository. It contains a summary of new errata introduced by the synchronization. To enable these notifications, select Subscribe from the drop-down menu.
- Click Submit.