16.2. Creating and Managing Users
16.2.1. Creating a User
Procedure 16.2. To Create a User:
- Navigate to→ and then click .
- Enter the required details on the User tab.
- On the Locations tab, select the required locations for this user.
- On the Organizations tab, select the required organizations for this user.
- On the Roles tab, select the required roles for this user. Active roles are displayed in the right panel.
- Clickto create the user.
16.2.2. Editing a User
Procedure 16.3. To Edit an Existing User:
- Navigate to→ .
- Click the user name of the user to be altered. General information about the user will appear on the right.
- You can modify the user's username, first name, surname, email address, default location, default organization, language, and password in thetab.
- You can modify the user's assigned locations in thetab.
- You can modify the user's assigned organizations in thetab. If no organization is selected, the user can access all available organizations.
- You can modify the user's assigned roles in thetab.
- Clickto save your changes.
16.2.3. Assigning Roles to Users
Procedure 16.4. To Assign a Role to a User:
- Navigate to→ .
- Click the user name of the user that you want to modify. General information about the user appears on the right.
- Click thetab to display the list of available role assignments.
- Select role you want to assign to the user in the Roles list. The list contains the predefined roles, as well as any custom roles, see Table 16.1, “Predefined Roles Available in Red Hat Satellite”. Alternatively, select the Administrator check box to assign all available permissions to the selected user.
16.2.4. Removing Users
Procedure 16.5. To Remove a User:
- On the main menu, click Users page.→ to open the
- Click the Delete link to the right of the username you want to delete.
- In the alert box, clickto delete the user.