We are pleased to announce that Red Hat Satellite 6.4 is now available in beta to current Satellite customers.
Red Hat Satellite is an infrastructure management platform, designed to manage system patching, provisioning, configurations and subscriptions across the entirety of a Red Hat environment. Satellite offers a lifecycle management solution to help keep your Red Hat infrastructure running efficiently and with greater security, which can reduce costs and overall environmental complexity.
The Satellite 6.4 beta is focused on embedding Ansible Automation for remote execution and desired state management, as well as continued enhancements to the usability of the Satellite user interface.
Major features that we are asking customers to review as they test the beta are:
- Ansible integration for remote execution
- Significant user interface changes
- New vertical navigation
- New repositories page
- Manifest editing from within the Satellite interface
- Notification drawer enhancements
- Enhanced auditing of user events
- Load balanced capsules
Note: Puppet 5 Required
- If upgrading you must be at Satellite 6.3 and Puppet 4 before starting the upgrade process.
- Refer to the blog: What you need to know to be ready for Satellite 6.4 and Puppet 5 for more information.
Customers with active Red Hat Satellite subscriptions can test out the new features in Satellite 6.4 beta now by signing up for the beta.
If you would like to see Satellite 6.4 in action, check out the Find It. Fix It. Before It Breaks. video available on YouTube that shows Satellite 6.4 discovering potential risks with Red Hat Insights and fixing them with embedded Ansible Automation.