The main driver for the 6.3.4 release is ongoing performance and stability improvements.
There are 17 bugs squashed in this release - the complete list is below.
There is one erratum for the server  and one for the hosts . The install ISOs will be updated next week.
Customers who have already upgraded to Satellite 6.3 should follow the instructions in the errata.
Customers who are on older versions of Satellite should refer to the Upgrading and Updating Red Hat Satellite Guide.
You may also want to consider using the Satellite Upgrade Helper if moving from Satellite 6.x to Satellite 6.3
Customers who have received hotfixes should verify the list below to ensure their hotfix is contained in the release before upgrading. Please reach out to Red Hat Support in these cases.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- Candlepin throws 500 Internal Server Error for more than 40+ guests
- Deprecate katello-backup, and katello-restore in Satellite 6.3
- Sat 6.3 does not update repositories with modified data from
RCM/Entitlement Service (BZ#1570792)
- upgraded foreman-selinux has no label for 2375/tcp (BZ#1624026)
- Do not prevent host discovery for existing MAC/IP addresses (BZ#1624034)
- Cannot delete host when missing from the candlepin database (BZ#1624019)
- Content View is not updated on Content Host when change is made via
Hosts / All Hosts
- Re-add livecd-tools back to satellite repos (BZ#1624027)
- Capsule overview page errors unable to fetch logs "ï¼¼xE1" from
ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 (BZ#1624035)
- Improve MonitorEventQueue performance for large workloads (BZ#1624038)
- Satellite installation fails on rhel 7.6 Beta with
/Stage[main]/Candlepin::Service/Exec[cpinit]/returns: change from notrun
to 0 failed (BZ#1624022)
- clean_backend_objects does not verify managed host status prior to
- processing virt-who report blocks RHSM certs checks what can lead to
503 errors (BZ#1624045)
- On using UUID for content-host registration name, unexpected behavior
in entitlement status (BZ#1624033)
- org_environment content access mode - authentication error while an
environment is updated on the client (BZ#1624036)
- Unable to override hostgroup parameters from All hosts => edit host on
- [RFE]Disable directory listing for /pub directory on satellite 6 using
Satellite Migration from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7
As a reminder, Red Hat continues to strongly recommend your Satellite and Capsule Servers only be run on RHEL 7. There are several reasons why you should move your Satellite environment from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7 including enhanced performance and long-term supportability.
Future releases of Satellite (6.3 and above) will only support RHEL 7 and above. In preparation for newer versions of Satellite, you need to start thinking about how to move from older versions of RHEL to RHEL 7.
While RHEL 6 does support an in-place migration from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7, this migration mechanism is not supported when running Satellite on the RHEL host. Instead, you will need to clone your Satellite environment from a host running RHEL 6 to another host running RHEL 7.
Review the Satellite 6.2.13 release blog for more detailed information about moving your Satellite environment from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7. 6.2.13 includes some important features for capsule backup and recovery which helps to ease the movement from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7.