RHSA-2022:5483 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
The Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC) 1.7.2 is now available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC) enables you to migrate Kubernetes resources, persistent volume data, and internal container images between OpenShift Container Platform clusters, using the MTC web console or the Kubernetes API.
Security Fix(es) from Bugzilla:
- nodejs-ansi-regex: Regular expression denial of service (ReDoS) matching ANSI escape codes (CVE-2021-3807)
- node-fetch: exposure of sensitive information to an unauthorized actor (CVE-2022-0235)
- follow-redirects: Exposure of Sensitive Information via Authorization Header leak (CVE-2022-0536)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to install and use MTC, refer to:
- Red Hat Migration Toolkit 1 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Migration Toolkit 1 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 2007557 - CVE-2021-3807 nodejs-ansi-regex: Regular expression denial of service (ReDoS) matching ANSI escape codes
- BZ - 2038898 - [UI] ?Update Repository? option not getting disabled after adding the Replication Repository details to the MTC web console
- BZ - 2040693 - ?Replication repository? wizard has no validation for name length
- BZ - 2040695 - [MTC UI] ?Add Cluster? wizard stucks when the cluster name length is more than 63 characters
- BZ - 2044591 - CVE-2022-0235 node-fetch: exposure of sensitive information to an unauthorized actor
- BZ - 2048537 - Exposed route host to image registry? connecting successfully to invalid registry ?xyz.com?
- BZ - 2053259 - CVE-2022-0536 follow-redirects: Exposure of Sensitive Information via Authorization Header leak
- BZ - 2055658 - [MTC UI] Cancel button on ?Migrations? page does not disappear when migration gets Failed/Succeeded with warnings
- BZ - 2056962 - [MTC UI] UI shows the wrong migration type info after changing the target namespace
- BZ - 2058172 - [MTC UI] Successful Rollback is not showing the green success icon in the ?Last State? field.
- BZ - 2058529 - [MTC UI] Migrations Plan is missing the type for the state migration performed before upgrade
- BZ - 2061335 - [MTC UI] ?Update cluster? button is not getting disabled
- BZ - 2062266 - MTC UI does not display logs properly [OADP-BL]
- BZ - 2062862 - [MTC UI] Clusters page behaving unexpectedly on deleting the remote cluster?s service account secret from backend
- BZ - 2074675 - HPAs of DeploymentConfigs are not being updated when migration from Openshift 3.x to Openshift 4.x
- BZ - 2076593 - Velero pod log missing from UI drop down
- BZ - 2076599 - Velero pod log missing from downloaded logs folder [OADP-BL]
- BZ - 2078459 - [MTC UI] Storageclass conversion plan is adding migstorage reference in migplan
- BZ - 2079252 - [MTC] Rsync options logs not visible in log-reader pod
- BZ - 2082221 - Don't allow Storage class conversion migration if source cluster has only one storage class defined [UI]
- BZ - 2082225 - non-numeric user when launching stage pods [OADP-BL]
- BZ - 2088022 - Default CPU requests on Velero/Restic are too demanding making scheduling fail in certain environments
- BZ - 2088026 - Cloud propagation phase in migration controller is not doing anything due to missing labels on Velero pods
- BZ - 2089126 - [MTC] Migration controller cannot find Velero Pod because of wrong labels
- BZ - 2089411 - [MTC] Log reader pod is missing velero and restic pod logs [OADP-BL]
- BZ - 2089859 - [Crane] DPA CR is missing the required flag - Migration is getting failed at the EnsureCloudSecretPropagated phase due to the missing secret VolumeMounts
- BZ - 2090317 - [MTC] mig-operator failed to create a DPA CR due to null values are passed instead of int [OADP-BL]
- BZ - 2096939 - Fix legacy operator.yml inconsistencies and errors
- BZ - 2100486 - [MTC UI] Target storage class field is not getting respected when clusters don't have replication repo configured.