Red Hat Subscription Management (RHSM) is a customer-driven, end-to-end solution that provides tools for subscription status and management and integrates with Red Hat's system management tools.
RHSM provides status, inventory, organization, and reporting on Red Hat subscriptions via:
- A hosted service on the Red Hat Customer Portal
- On-premise access through Red Hat Satellite
- Using Subscription Manager from a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system
- Coming soon: A robust supported and documented API for RHSM
When you purchase a subscription to a product, RHSM tracks which system(s) in your inventory are registered to the subscription. Registered systems are entitled to support services, as well as errata, patches, and upgrades from the Content Delivery Network (CDN).
Red Hat Subscription Management Info
Product Feature Highlights
RHSM manages your subscriptions and utilization in a simplified user interface and helps you:
Get Started with Red Hat Subscription Management
Choose the right registration service for your environment
Determine if you are going to register with the hosted subscription management service on the Customer Portal (online or offline systems), or with an on-premise Red Hat Satellite server.
If you’re planning to use your Red Hat subscription in a public cloud, learn more about Cloud Access.
Register your system
Our assistant will guide you through the options and steps necessary to register your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Overview of Red Hat Subscription Management
- Get Started with Red Hat Subscription Management
- How to register and subscribe a system to the Red Hat Customer Portal using Red Hat Subscription Management (RHSM)
- How to register and subscribe a system offline to the Red Hat Customer Portal
- How can I register Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems to a Red Hat Satellite server?
Migrating to RHSM
Red Hat shut down the RHN UI on July 31, 2017. If you have not transitioned to RHSM yet, your systems are no longer receiving updates.