Red Hat HYPERCONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE portfolio
Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Virtualization
Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure (RHHI) for Virtualization integrates Red Hat Virtualization (RHV) and Red Hat Gluster Storage (RHGS). RHHI for Virtualization provides open-source, centrally administered, and cost-effective integrated compute and storage in a compact footprint for remote sites.
Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Cloud
Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure (RHHI) for Cloud integrates Red Hat Ceph Storage (RHCS) and Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP). RHHI for Cloud provides an open source, hyperconverged solution to accomplish multiple platform-related datacenter and edge tasks with software-defined storage.
Get Started with Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for virtualization 1.8
For basic installation, you will need:
Install operating systems.
- Install an operating system on each physical machine that will act as a hyperconverged host.
- (Optional) Install an operating system on each physical or virtual machine that will act as an Network-Bound Disk Encryption(NBDE) key server.
Configure authentication between hyperconverged hosts.
Configure key-based SSH authentication without a password to enable automated configuration of the hosts.
(Optional) Configure disk encryption.
- Configure NBDE key servers.
- Configure hyperconverged hosts as NBDE clients.
Configure the hyperconverged cluster.
- Configure Red Hat Gluster Storage for Hosted Engine using the Web Console.
- Deploy the Hosted Engine using the Web Console.
- Configure the logical network for gluster traffic.
Get Started with Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for cloud 13
For deployment, you will need:
Instructions using the Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) Director interface
Deploy the undercloud
You can deploy and manage the common undercloud configuration, and export a deployment plan for other technicians to follow when deploying the overcloud.
Export an Overcloud Plan
The default deployment plan contains a common, and exportable overcloud configuration.The default deployment plan contains a common, and exportable overcloud configuration.
Import an Overcloud Plan
import a deployment plan that has previously been exported.
Deploy the overcloud
You can deploy the overcloud to hyperconverged nodes based on a predefined role.