Satellite 6.2.12 has been released today. 6.2.12 introduces a new tool for renaming the satellite, and several other new features and fixes. There is one erratum for the server  and one for the hosts . The install ISOs will be updated later this week.
Customers who have already upgraded to 6.2 should follow the instructions in the errata. Customers who are on 6.1.x should follow the upgrade instructions at .
PLEASE NOTE: Customers who have received hotfixes should verify the list below to ensure their hotfix is contained in the release before upgrading. Their hotfixes may be overwritten if they upgrade. Please reach out to the Satellite team if you are unsure.
The list of new features included in 6.2.12 are:
A new tool, satellite-host-rename, is now provided, which allows customers to rename a Satellite Server. Full documentation can be found in the Server Administration Guide under the "Renaming a Server" section. (BZ#924383)
The hosts API now accepts a parameter, "thin", to return only host names. This provides a more performant call for iterating over a list of hosts. (BZ#1461194)
Temporary subscriptions for guests are now valid for 7 days instead of 24 hours. This change should provide more time to address issues with virt-who without impacting the availability of Red Hat content. (BZ#1418482)
The list of bugs which have been fixed in 6.2.12 include:
- 6.2.11 introduced a new dependency on katello-agent which was not represented in the RPM package. The dependencies now resolve correctly. (BZ#1482189)
- Several improvements have been made to synchronization of content to Capsules. (BZ#1370302, BZ#1432649, BZ#1448777)
- Specific customers encountered an error where synchronization plans stopped updating their status in the web UI. This communication path has been hardened. (BZ#1466919)
- Remote execution will no longer execute the same job multiple times if the host has many NICs or if the host belongs to many host groups. (BZ#1480235, BZ#1465628)
- Scheduling a recurring job would create duplicate subtasks. This behavior has been fixed, and there are no duplicates. (BZ#1478886)
- Large SCAP reports would not upload because of a low HTTP timeout. The timeout has been increased to allow the reports to upload. (BZ#1360452)
- The performance of the package page has been improved for customers who have large package downloads. (BZ#1419139)
- Satellite 6 was not able to connect to Red Hat Virtualization 4.1 instances. This platform can now be used as a Compute Resource. (BZ#1463264, BZ#1479954)
- Package filters were not respecting the package release version correctly. This field is now handled correctly. (BZ#1395642)
- Satellite 6 now supporting uploading RPMs whose headers are not UTF-8 compliant. (BZ#1333110)
- Regenerating certificates now regenerates Ueber Certificates as well. (BZ#1434948)
- The handing of Lifecycle permissions have been improved. (BZ#1317837)
- Manual registration was not recording who performed the registration if no Activation Key was used. (BZ#1380117)