Purchasing and Renewing Subscriptions
How can I get an invoice for my purchase?
If you purchased your subscription online, contact Customer Service. We can provide you with an invoice for your online purchase. If you purchased a subscription through a vendor, contact the vendor for an invoice of your purchase.
I purchased a subscription online, but the Webstore said it needed my approval for the purchase. What do I do?
- Contact Customer Service.
- Request an Order Approval Email.
- When you receive the email, click the link provided to approve the order.
- Once your order is released, you receive a Fulfillment Notification.
- In the meantime, you still have access to your subscription, can access Knowledgebase Articles, and can register your system.
I could not activate my Dell Service Tag. How do I get my subscription?
If you are having issues activating your Dell Service Tag, send an email to Customer Service in your region with the following information:
- Your account number or login ID
- A copy of your Dell packing slip
- A screen shot of the error message
Once we have that information, we can provide a subscription number for you to activate.
I am not able to activate my subscription purchased from HP for my server or workstation. How can I get my subscription?
For questions or problems activating subscriptions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting HP, have your HP Order number, Service Agreement Identifier (SAID) number, and product ID. You also need to provide them with a brief explanation of the issue. You can locate your SAID number on your HP Support Agreement. Once HP has that information, they can contact you with assistance.
How do I renew my subscriptions on the Customer Portal?
Only subscriptions initially purchased through the Red Hat Store online can be renewed online. If you see the Renewal Information link next to a subscription this means it was purchased from a vendor or a Red Hat Sales Associate and must be renewed by the same means. To renew your subscriptions online, follow these steps:
- Log into the Customer Portal.
- Click Subscriptions
- Click Ready to Renew.
- Click the Renew link, located next to the subscription to renew. If the subscription has been expired for fewer than 30 days, click the Recently Expired tab to view those subscriptions.
- If the subscription was initially purchased through the Red Hat Store online, you will Continue to checkout. Otherwise, instructions for how to renew will be shown.
Note: Only an Organization Administrator can purchase or renew subscriptions online. If a subscription has been expired for more than 30 days, it is no longer eligible for renewal. You must purchase a new subscription.
How do I get a quote for renewal?
Contact the vendor from whom you purchased the subscriptions, or you can contact our Sales Team for assistance.
How do I transfer a subscription to someone else's account within my company?
To transfer subscriptions between accounts, you must get approval from the Organization Administrator that holds the subscriptions to transfer. Contact your regional Customer Service Team to request a subscription transfer.
For more information on subscription transfers, see How to transfer subscriptions from one account to another account.
We renewed our subscriptions through a vendor, and they are now in the wrong account. How do I fix this?
To transfer the subscriptions to the correct account, you can use either of these two options
- Contact your vendor and explain that the subscriptions were placed in the wrong account. Vendors have a procedure to follow to resolve this issue.
- Contact Customer Service. We can send the Transfer Approval Request email to the correct Organization Administrator.
If you have any other questions, contact Customer Service.
How can we transfer subscriptions to a separate entity?
Because the subscription transfer is between two separate entities, you need to complete an Assignment Transfer:
- Customer Service sends an Assignment Letter that both parties involved with the transfer must sign.
- Once Red Hat receives the Assignment Letter signed by both parties, we forward the information to our Legal and Finance Teams for approval
- Once these teams have completed the approval, they process the Assignment Transfer.
Note: This process can take 7-10 business days from the day we receive the signed Assignment Letter.
To initiate the Assignment Transfer process, contact Customer Service in your region.
Be sure to have the following information with you:
- Name, job title, and contact information (email and phone number) of the approved signee for each account
- Physical address for each company
- Quantity and contract number of the subscription being transferred
Where do I find my subscription or installation number?
Follow these steps:
- Log into the Customer Portal
- Go to Subscriptions.
- Click Inventory.
- In this table, click on the subscription number for which you need details.
Where do I find information about what my subscription (product) provides?
In Customer Portal Subscription Management you will see your subscriptions in various views. Clicking on the name (product name) or in some cases the SKU number will take you to the product details page, which provides all of the attributes of the subscription product, including the support level and content provided.