- How do I open and manage a support case on the Red Hat Customer Portal?
- Red Hat Customer Portal
There are three ways to navigate to the Open Support Case screen.
- Click on Support Cases located on white bar located at the top of the page then click Open a New Support Case
- Click on Open a Support Case located on the Red Hat Customer Portal
- Click on Get Support in the Products & Services drop down menu. It will navigate you to Red Hat Customer Experience & Engagement - Red Hat Customer Portal. Then, click on Open Support Case.
- Login with your Red Hat Login when prompted (for help with your Red Hat Login, see: The importance of the Red Hat (RHN) login)
- Select the product you are filing the case about.
- Then, select the appropriate version from the list.
- Choose a descriptive sentence for the Case Name field to identify the primary question or problem you are trying to address.
- Use the Case Description field to enter as much information as possible about the problem in order to enable Red Hat support engineers to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
- It's advised to attach logs or other diagnostic files to help support engineers resolve your issues quickly. You can do so by clicking on the Attach Files button located under case description.
- Choose a Support Level. See Production Support Service Level Agreement - Red Hat Customer Portal for more information.
- Choose an appropriate severity for the issue. See Red Hat Support Severity Level Definitions - Red Hat Customer Portal for more information.
- You may specify users to receive e-mail notifications about this support case (optional).
- Choose a Case Group to file your case into (optional).
- Click Submit on the bottom left. Please note, all required fields must be completed before you can hit submit. If the submit button is disabled, check that all required fields are complete.
- Once you have submitted the form, your case is filed and you are presented with the Case Details page.
Case groups allow you to better sort and manage your cases by assigning them to groups. To create a new case group, click Manage Case Groups located under the groups drop down menu. Click Create New Case Group and enter a name for your new case group then click Save.
From the case details page, you can:
- View information about your case
- Read and add comments
- Edit the case details
- Attach files
- View possible solutions and pinned solutions
- Need to upload a file to the support team.
- Need to attach a file to a Red Hat support case.
- If not already logged into the Red Hat Customer Portal, and at the desired support case:
- Use a web browser to visit Red Hat Customer Portal; Support Cases
- If presented with a login prompt; enter username and password
- Click on the Case ID of your support case you want to attach a file to
- Note that [All Attachments] tab will not be displayed if there are no attachments currently present.
- If the file is too big (>250GB), then the following error message will be displayed:
- "filename cannot be attached because it is larger than 250 GB. Please FTP large files to dropbox.redhat.com."
- For files larger than 250GB, see "How to provide files to Red Hat Support (vmcore, rhev logcollector, sosreports, heap dumps, log files, etc.)"" and use either
- Redhat Support Tool method of uploading large files to drobpbox, or
- FTP method of uploading large files to dropbox, or
- Splitting a file before using the above Attach File method.
- If the file is uploaded to dropbox, please ensure to add a comment to the support case with the name of the file pushed via FTP so that your support engineer can search for it by name and is notified that the file is available.
- You may add a description to that file replacing the placeholder text "Please Add File Description"
- Click Post to upload the file.
- A confirmation of the form "Successfully uploaded attachment filename to case case-number" will be displayed to show uploading completed successfully.
You can view this list of attached files within the context of the discussion or navigate to the All Attachments tab to view a list of all the attachments.
You can view and add comments in the Case Discussion section. To add a comment, enter it in the text field and click Post. You can also request a management escalation for your case by clicking the Request Management Escalation button located on the right.
Table of Contents
- Article Type