RHSA-2023:1079 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.2 (osp-director-downloader-container, osp-director-agent-container and osp-director-operator-container) security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for osp-director-downloader-container,
osp-director-agent-container and osp-director-operator-container is now
available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.2 (Train).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from
the CVE link(s) in the References section.
- archive/tar: unbounded memory consumption when reading headers
- regexp/syntax: limit memory used by parsing regexps (CVE-2022-41715)
- net/http: An attacker can cause excessive memory growth in a Go server
accepting HTTP/2 requests (CVE-2022-41717)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS
score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE
page listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 16.2 x86_64
- BZ - 2132867 - CVE-2022-2879 golang: archive/tar: unbounded memory consumption when reading headers
- BZ - 2132872 - CVE-2022-41715 golang: regexp/syntax: limit memory used by parsing regexps
- BZ - 2161274 - CVE-2022-41717 golang: net/http: An attacker can cause excessive memory growth in a Go server accepting HTTP/2 requests
- OSPK8-664 - Unexpected "unassigned" hostRefs in OSBMS halt further reconcile loops
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.