RHSA-2022:1622 - Security Advisory
Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.57 security and extras update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.6.57 is now available with
updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
This release includes a security update for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from
the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
This advisory contains the RPM packages for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.57. See the following advisory for the container images for this release:
- moby: Default inheritable capabilities for linux container should be
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS
score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE
listed in the References section.
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available at https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.6/updating/updating-cluster-cli.html
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.6 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.6 for RHEL 8 s390x
- BZ - 2059996 - read_lines_limit needs to be adjusted according to the setting of buffer_chunk_size
- BZ - 2066837 - CVE-2022-24769 moby: Default inheritable capabilities for linux container should be empty
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.