RHSA-2022:7050 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
The Red Hat build of OpenJDK 8 (java-1.8.0-openjdk) is now available for portable Linux.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The OpenJDK 8 packages provide the OpenJDK 8 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 8 Java Software Development Kit.
This release of the Red Hat build of OpenJDK 8 (8u352) for portable Linux serves as a replacement for Red Hat build of OpenJDK 8 (8u342) and includes security and bug fixes as well as enhancements. For further information, refer to the release notes linked to in the References section.
- OpenJDK: improper handling of long NTLM client hostnames (Networking, 8286526) (CVE-2022-21619)
- OpenJDK: excessive memory allocation in X.509 certificate parsing (Libraries, 8286533) (CVE-2022-21626)
- OpenJDK: insufficient randomization of JNDI DNS port numbers (JNDI, 8286910) (CVE-2022-21624)
- OpenJDK: HttpServer no connection count limit (Lightweight HTTP Server, 8286918) (CVE-2022-21628)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- OpenJDK Java (for Middleware) 1 x86_64
- BZ - 2133745 - CVE-2022-21619 OpenJDK: improper handling of long NTLM client hostnames (Security, 8286526)
- BZ - 2133753 - CVE-2022-21626 OpenJDK: excessive memory allocation in X.509 certificate parsing (Security, 8286533)
- BZ - 2133765 - CVE-2022-21624 OpenJDK: insufficient randomization of JNDI DNS port numbers (JNDI, 8286910)
- BZ - 2133769 - CVE-2022-21628 OpenJDK: HttpServer no connection count limit (Lightweight HTTP Server, 8286918)
OpenJDK Java (for Middleware) 1