RHSA-2022:5006 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 2.1.3.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh is Red Hat's distribution of the Istio service mesh project, tailored for installation into an on-premise OpenShift Container Platform installation.
This advisory covers the RPM packages for the release.
- eventsource: Exposure of Sensitive Information (CVE-2022-1650)
- golang: crypto/elliptic IsOnCurve returns true for invalid field elements (CVE-2022-23806)
- golang: encoding/pem: fix stack overflow in Decode (CVE-2022-24675)
- Moment.js: Path traversal in moment.locale (CVE-2022-24785)
- golang: crypto/elliptic: panic caused by oversized scalar (CVE-2022-28327)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 2.1 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh for Power 2.1 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh for IBM Z 2.1 for RHEL 8 s390x
- BZ - 2053429 - CVE-2022-23806 golang: crypto/elliptic IsOnCurve returns true for invalid field elements
- BZ - 2072009 - CVE-2022-24785 Moment.js: Path traversal in moment.locale
- BZ - 2077688 - CVE-2022-24675 golang: encoding/pem: fix stack overflow in Decode
- BZ - 2077689 - CVE-2022-28327 golang: crypto/elliptic: panic caused by oversized scalar
- BZ - 2085307 - CVE-2022-1650 eventsource: Exposure of Sensitive Information
- OSSM-1609 - Rebuild Kiali Server and Operator container 1.36 to pick up base image CVE fixes
- OSSM-1617 - Container release for Maistra 2.1.3