RHSA-2022:0841 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for redhat-release-virtualization-host and redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
- kernel: improper initialization of the "flags" member of the new pipe_buffer (CVE-2022-0847)
- kernel: Use After Free in unix_gc() which could result in a local privilege escalation (CVE-2021-0920)
- kernel: local privilege escalation by exploiting the fsconfig syscall parameter leads to container breakout (CVE-2021-4154)
- kernel: possible privileges escalation due to missing TLB flush (CVE-2022-0330)
- kernel: remote stack overflow via kernel panic on systems using TIPC may lead to DoS (CVE-2022-0435)
- kernel: failing usercopy allows for use-after-free exploitation (CVE-2022-22942)
- cyrus-sasl: failure to properly escape SQL input allows an attacker to execute arbitrary SQL commands (CVE-2022-24407)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 2031930 - CVE-2021-0920 kernel: Use After Free in unix_gc() which could result in a local privilege escalation
- BZ - 2034514 - CVE-2021-4154 kernel: local privilege escalation by exploiting the fsconfig syscall parameter leads to container breakout
- BZ - 2042404 - CVE-2022-0330 kernel: possible privileges escalation due to missing TLB flush
- BZ - 2044809 - CVE-2022-22942 kernel: failing usercopy allows for use-after-free exploitation
- BZ - 2048738 - CVE-2022-0435 kernel: remote stack overflow via kernel panic on systems using TIPC may lead to DoS
- BZ - 2055326 - CVE-2022-24407 cyrus-sasl: failure to properly escape SQL input allows an attacker to execute arbitrary SQL commands
- BZ - 2060795 - CVE-2022-0847 kernel: improper initialization of the "flags" member of the new pipe_buffer
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8