RHSA-2021:5154 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
A security update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.3.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.3.10 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.3.9, and includes bug fixes and enhancements. See the Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.3.10 Release Notes for information about the most significant bug fixes and enhancements included in this release.
- undertow: potential security issue in flow control over HTTP/2 may lead to DOS (CVE-2021-3629)
- wildfly-elytron: possible timing attack in ScramServer (CVE-2021-3642)
- wildfly: incorrect JBOSS_LOCAL_USER challenge location may lead to giving access to all the local users (CVE-2021-3717)
- jsoup: Crafted input may cause the jsoup HTML and XML parser to get stuck (CVE-2021-37714)
- xml-security: XPath Transform abuse allows for information disclosure (CVE-2021-40690)
- resteasy: Error message exposes endpoint class information (CVE-2021-20289)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References sec
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1935927 - CVE-2021-20289 resteasy: Error message exposes endpoint class information
- BZ - 1977362 - CVE-2021-3629 undertow: potential security issue in flow control over HTTP/2 may lead to DOS
- BZ - 1981407 - CVE-2021-3642 wildfly-elytron: possible timing attack in ScramServer
- BZ - 1991305 - CVE-2021-3717 wildfly: incorrect JBOSS_LOCAL_USER challenge location may lead to giving access to all the local users
- BZ - 1995259 - CVE-2021-37714 jsoup: Crafted input may cause the jsoup HTML and XML parser to get stuck
- BZ - 2011190 - CVE-2021-40690 xml-security: XPath Transform abuse allows for information disclosure
- JBEAP-22314 - [GSS](7.3.z) Upgrade ironjacamar from 1.4.35.Final-redhat-00001 to 1.5.2.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-22332 - (7.3.z) Upgrade Elytron from 1.10.13.Final-redhat-00001 to 1.10.15.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-22343 - [GSS](7.3.z) Upgrade jboss-ejb-client from 4.0.39.SP1-redhat-00001 to 4.0.43.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-22363 - (7.3.z) Upgrade RESTEasy from 3.11.4.Final-redhat-00001 to 3.11.5.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-22490 - (7.3.z) Upgrade jakarta.el from 3.0.3.redhat-00006 to 3.0.3.redhat-00007
- JBEAP-22501 - (7.3.z) Upgrade Apache CXF from 3.3.7 to 3.3.12
- JBEAP-22523 - (7.3.z) Upgrade wss4j from 2.2.5.redhat-00001 to 2.2.7.redhat-00001
- JBEAP-22734 - (7.3.z) Upgrade Ironjacamar from 1.5.2.Final-redhat-00001 to 1.5.3.Final-redhat-00001