RHSA-2021:2696 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
A security update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.3.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7 is a platform for Java applications based on the WildFly application runtime.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.3.8 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.3.7, and includes bug fixes and enhancements. See the Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.3.8 Release Notes for information about the most significant bug fixes and enhancements included in this release.
- netty: Request smuggling via content-length header (CVE-2021-21409)
- wildfly: XSS via admin console when creating roles in domain mode (CVE-2021-3536)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
The JBoss server process must be restarted for the update to take effect.
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1944888 - CVE-2021-21409 netty: Request smuggling via content-length header
- BZ - 1948001 - CVE-2021-3536 wildfly: XSS via admin console when creating roles in domain mode
- JBEAP-20264 - [GSS](7.3.z) ISPN-12787 - Non Transactional Cache needs to be invalidated after commit on JPQL update/delete operation
- JBEAP-20503 - [GSS](7.3.z) WFCORE-5185 - Update ProviderDefinition to use optimised service loading API
- JBEAP-20623 - [GSS](7.3.z) Upgrade Hibernate ORM from 5.3.20.Final-redhat-00001 to 5.3.20.SP1-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21406 - [GSS](7.3.z) Upgrade Ironjacamar from 1.4.30.Final-redhat-00001 to 1.4.33.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21421 - (7.3.z) Upgrade Infinispan from 9.4.22.Final-redhat-00001 to 9.4.23.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21434 - (7.3.z) Upgrade wildfly-http-client from 1.0.26.Final-redhat-00001 to 1.0.28.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21435 - (7.3.z) Upgrade Elytron from 1.10.12.Final-redhat-00001 to 1.10.13.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21437 - (7.3.z) Upgrade netty from 4.1.60.Final to 4.1.63
- JBEAP-21441 - (7.3.z) Upgrade Undertow from 2.0.35.SP1-redhat-00001 to 2.0.38.SP1-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21443 - (7.3.z) Upgrade jberet from 1.3.7.Final-redhat-00001 to 1.3.8.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21444 - (7.3.z) Upgrade wf-core from 10.1.20.Final-redhat-00001 to 10.1.21.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21567 - [GSS](7.3.z) Upgrade HAL from 3.2.14.Final-redhat-00001 to 3.2.15.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21582 - (7.3.z) Upgrade remoting from 5.0.20.SP1-redhat-00001 to 5.0.23.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21739 - (7.3.z) Upgrade elytron-web from 1.6.2.Final-redhat-00001 to 1.6.3.Final-redhat-00001
- JBEAP-21977 - [SET](7.3.z) Update product CP branch github template
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories