RHBA-2022:9021 - Bug Fix Advisory
updated Red Hat OpenStack Platform 17.0 container images
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated Red Hat OpenStack Platform 17.0 container images are now available
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 17.0 container images have been updated to address the following security advisory: RHSA-2022:8973 (see References)
Users of Red Hat OpenStack Platform 17.0 container images are advised to upgrade to these updated images, which contain backported patches to correct these security issues, fix these bugs and add these enhancements. Users of these images are also encouraged to rebuild all container images that depend on these images.
You can find images updated by this advisory in Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 17.0 container images provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog (see References).
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat OpenStack 17 x86_64
- BZ - 2069793 - CVE-2022-1158 kernel: KVM: cmpxchg_gpte can write to pfns outside the userspace region
- BZ - 2084479 - CVE-2022-2639 kernel: openvswitch: integer underflow leads to out-of-bounds write in reserve_sfa_size()
- BZ - 2090226 - CVE-2022-23816 CVE-2022-29900 hw: cpu: AMD: RetBleed Arbitrary Speculative Code Execution with Return Instructions
- BZ - 2090237 - CVE-2022-21123 hw: cpu: incomplete clean-up of multi-core shared buffers (aka SBDR)
- BZ - 2090240 - CVE-2022-21125 hw: cpu: incomplete clean-up of microarchitectural fill buffers (aka SBDS)
- BZ - 2090241 - CVE-2022-21166 hw: cpu: incomplete clean-up in specific special register write operations (aka DRPW)
- BZ - 2103148 - CVE-2022-29901 hw: cpu: Intel: RetBleed Arbitrary Speculative Code Execution with Return Instructions
- BZ - 2103153 - CVE-2022-23825 hw: cpu: AMD: Branch Type Confusion (non-retbleed)
- BZ - 2103681 - CVE-2022-2959 kernel: watch queue race condition can lead to privilege escalation
- BZ - 2115065 - CVE-2022-26373 hw: cpu: Intel: Post-barrier Return Stack Buffer Predictions
- BZ - 2141752 - CVE-2022-43945 kernel: nfsd buffer overflow by RPC message over TCP with garbage data
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.