Hello, I already tried to ask about this here but since I haven't received any satisfactory response so far, I'm trying it here as well:
- 16.2. Create a WebSocket Application
- Does JBoss EAP support the use of WebSockets?
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) 6 Supported Configurations - Red Hat Customer Portal
- Does Red Hat / JBoss offer support for Apache, mod_jk, mod_proxy, or mod_cluster? - Red Hat Customer Portal (by the way why does this one mention mod_proxy as supported when the Supported Configurations document above doesn't mention mod_proxy at all?)
- 4. Unsupported and Deprecated Features
- Add support of websocket proxying. · modcluster/mod_cluster@e801c55 · GitHub
- Make the websocket proxy switchable. · modcluster/mod_cluster@f1f68c5 · GitHub
It seems that:
- EAP 6.4 itself supports WebSockets
- supported web server connectors mod_cluster 1.2.11 / mod_jk 1.2.40 don't support WebSockets
- mod_cluster 1.3.1 supports WebSockets (without failover) via Apache HTTP Server 2.4.x mod_proxy_wstunnel but this configuration isn't supported by EAP 6.4
- Apache HTTP Server 2.4.x mod_proxy_wstunnel alone (well, typically combined with mod_proxy_http + mod_proxy_balancer) supports WebSockets but this configuration isn't supported by EAP 6.4
How is one supposed to achieve a supported configuration with web server and WebSockets?
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.