- RPM is not working correctly, updates cannot be applied.
- How to rebuild the RPM database?
- Why does rpm command segfault when executed?
yum updatefails with rpmdb errors.
- Damaged header instance error
rpmcommand terminates with "cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm"
- Why does rpm or yum terminate with
rpmdb: Lock table is out of available locker entries?
- Attempted to do an
rpm -qon a couple of packages and got errors like this:
rpmdb: /var/lib/rpm/Packages: unexpected file type or format error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Invalid argument (22)
- On doing rpm query or install, it is failing with following error:-
error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h# 1601 Header V4 RSA/SHA1 signature: BAD, key ID 2874ffbe
- Why "rpm -qa" command is not showing installed packages?
rpmdatabase got corrupted
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) - All Versions - All architectures
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.