- RGW MultiSite is not available with RHCS 5.1.
- Any MultiSite customer who wants to upgrade from 4.2z4 to 5.0z4, they have to update few packages like ceph-ansible, cephadm, cephadm-ansible.
- Since RHCS 5.1 is already GA'd, updating those packages will pull the latest versions. However we need to manually downgrade the version needed for 5.0z4.
- Similarly, for 5.0z4 fresh install, make sure to install a compatible version of cephadm-ansible and cephadm package. This is needed because in RHCS 5.1, cephadm bootstrap command has to run with ''--yes-i-know" flag.
- This article will document a few steps to be remembered while following the Installation Guide in order to upgrade to RHCS 5.0z4 so that customer doesn't need to worry about extra flags.
Red Hat Ceph Storage
- RHCS 4.2z4
- RHCS 5.0z4
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.