- Running any LVM command returns a failure indicating locking initialisation has failed.
- On RHEL4, the following message is seen: "Locking type 1 initialisation failed."
- On RHEL5 or RHEL6, the following message is seen: "File-based locking initialisation failed"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, 6
- /var filesystem is readonly
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.