- Running any LVM command returns a failure indicating locking initialisation has failed.
- On RHEL4, the following message is seen: "Locking type 1 initialisation failed."
- On RHEL5 or RHEL6, the following message is seen: "File-based locking initialisation failed"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, 6
- /var filesystem is readonly
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.