- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 and above
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Subscription Manager list shows "Status Details: Not covered by a valid subscription"
# subscription-manager list Status: Not Subscribed Status Details: Not covered by a valid subscription.
- Execute following commands,
# subscription-manager refresh Check available subscriptions, # subscription-manager list --available --all Assign subscription, # subscription-manager subscribe --pool=<PoolId>
- Confirm whether the system is registered with only RHSM or RHN Classic and RHSM as well? run any yum command like
# yum repolist
- Check the system profiles in the portal and verify whether this system is identified as a virtual system or not.
Type: System:Virtual ?
- Check the below package whether installed on the system
#rpm -qa virt*
- Verify the following subscription manager's command line outputs
# subscription-manager status # subscription-manager list --consumed # subscription-manager list --available Verify whether the required subscription is available in the following command's output # subscription-manager list --available --all
- Check whether product certificate is present under following directory
# ll /etc/pki/product
- Check the socket information of the system
# cat proc/cpuinfo | grep '^processor'|wc -l # subscription-manager facts | grep -i socket
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.