- Why are systemd network interface names different between RHEL7 and RHEL8 ?
- Why is NIC naming different between RHEL 7 and RHEL 8?
- On RH7 the NIC name is
enp#, but on RH8 the NIC name is
- Different network naming between RHEL7 and RHEL8
- On the RHEL8 server, the interfaces come up with the
ens3f0/1naming convention. On the RHEL7 server, the interfaces come up with the
- I wanted to understand more on why for the same physical server chassis with network cards in the same slots we see differences for the naming convention in RHEL7 RHEL8.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and later
- systemd Predictable Network Interface Names (
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.