- During the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5 on a 3 TB disk, following error appears
"Your boot partition on disk using GPT partitioning scheme but this machine cannot boot using GPT".
- Also ran the following command as per the KCS 54574
# parted /dev/sda -s mklabel msdos
- But it returns an error,
"msdos labels do not support devices that have more than 4294967295 sectors"
- What does it mean? How to by-pass this message?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5
- Disk with more than 2.2 TB capacity.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.