- Should I be concerned about messages indicating "LUN assignments on this target have changed"?
Whenever LUNs are reconfigured on the storage array, the kernel reports the following warnings:
kernel: sd 1:0:5:58: Warning! Received an indication that the LUN assignments on this target have changed. The Linux SCSI layer does not automatically remap LUN assignments.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 update 6 (kernel-2.6.18-238 or above)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 update 5 (kernel-2.6.18-274)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (kernel-2.6.32-71 or above)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.