- Should I be concerned about messages indicating "LUN assignments on this target have changed"?
Whenever LUNs are reconfigured on the storage array, the kernel reports the following warnings:
kernel: sd 1:0:5:58: Warning! Received an indication that the LUN assignments on this target have changed. The Linux SCSI layer does not automatically remap LUN assignments.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 update 6 (kernel-2.6.18-238 or above)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 update 5 (kernel-2.6.18-274)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (kernel-2.6.32-71 or above)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.