- Red Hat uses the Subscription Model to allow customers to download Red Hat tested and certified Enterprise Software. This way customers are supplied with the latest patches, bug fixes, updates and upgrades.
- One can leverage a Red Hat Subscription also when building
container images, which is named here during the
blogas an Entitled Build. A customer wants all the advantages of a Red Hat Subscription also available in RHEL based
UBIis a subset of packages of a
RHELdistribution, to have all needed packages to build a sophisticated
container image, the build needs access to all repositories and this is where entitled builds can help.
- Beware that entitled builds, which are using software beyond the
UBIbase set, are not publicly redistributable.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.3
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.5
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.