- I made several performance tests by unzipping a 2.7 Go file from an NFS client also RHEL 5.4.
- When I unzip this file locally on the NFS Server, it only takes 1 mn 28 seconds.
When I unzip this file from the NFS Client, it takes 25 minutes.
When I unzip this file from the same NFS Client but with the
async export option, it takes 3 minutes 54 seconds.
- So, the async option seems to improve seriously the overall performance.
- But, is the use of the async option safe in case of the NFS Server reboots ?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.