- Is there TRIM (SCSI or block discard) support for SSD in RHEL6?
- Is TRIM properly transmitted through layers like LVM, MD (software raid), filesystems etc?
- Is SCSI discard on or off by default for ext4?
- What is
fstrim tool and how can we use
discard function to reclaim my unused disk space for
ext4 filesystem on ssd disk drives?
- How to configure filesystem with discard mount option to reclaim unused blocks on disk drives?
- Storage Reclamation
- What is the official/recommended tools to zero out deleted/free space under RHEL? Is there any documentation available to perform this operation?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7