- Is there TRIM (SCSI or block discard) support for SSD in RHEL6?
- Is TRIM properly transmitted through layers like LVM, MD (software raid), filesystems etc?
- Is SCSI discard on or off by default for ext4?
- What is
fstrimtool and how can we use
discardfunction to reclaim my unused disk space for
ext4filesystem on ssd disk drives?
- How to configure filesystem with discard mount option to reclaim unused blocks on disk drives?
- Storage Reclamation
- What is the official/recommended tools to zero out deleted/free space under RHEL? Is there any documentation available to perform this operation?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.